Critical Thinking Reflection

Module Learning

Throughout the Critical Thinking and Communicating module, I have made significant strides in improving my communication and presentation skills. Initially, I aimed to enhance my coherence under pressure, refine my articulation for spontaneous questions, and improve my presentation delivery. At the start of the module, One strategy I implemented to bolster my speaking skills was taking on the role of speaker within my group during presentations. This allowed me consistent practice in speaking to an audience, gradually building my confidence with each presentation.

By the end of the module, during our final formal group presentation, I made a conscious effort to improve my body language, as I had received feedback from Professor Blackstone regarding my body language, particularly my tendency to fidget with my legs. I also focused on making eye contact with the audience, a skill I had struggled with previously. Additionally, while I made efforts to maintain eye contact with the audience, I struggled with relying too heavily on a memorized script. This led to moments of forgetfulness and a less natural delivery.

Reflecting on this experience, I've recognized the importance of avoiding reliance on memorization and instead focusing on key points to guide my presentation. By internalizing key concepts rather than memorizing a script verbatim, I can maintain a more fluid and authentic delivery while minimizing the risk of forgetting important information. This realization has provided me with a clear path forward for improving my presentation skills in future endeavors.

Overall, the module has been instrumental in helping me become a more confident and effective communicator, both in public speaking and in everyday conversations.



Project Learning


In my research project, I focused on refining my presentation skills. As part of the project, I focused on improving my ability to deliver presentations that effectively communicate complex ideas to an audience. This project was particularly enlightening as it not only challenged my ability to convey complex ideas clearly but also provided valuable insights into teamwork dynamics and the importance of adaptability in learning environments. 


Initially, I struggled with nerves and articulation during presentations, especially in high-pressure situations. However, through practice and feedback from peers and Professor Blackstone, I learned to manage my nerves better and present with more confidence. I realized that preparation and rehearsal are key to delivering a successful presentation.


Furthermore, working closely with my team highlighted the importance of effective communication and collaboration. Each team member brought unique skills and perspectives to the table, and it was crucial to listen to and respect everyone's ideas. I learned that open and honest communication is essential for a team to function effectively. 


This experience has changed my view of learning by emphasizing the significance of real-world application. While theoretical knowledge remains crucial, the ability to implement and adapt that knowledge in practical scenarios is where genuine learning and development take place. I have also learned the value of perseverance and adaptability when faced with challenges.


Overall, this experience has fundamentally changed my view of learning. I've come to appreciate the importance of flexibility, adaptability, and collaboration in the learning process. Moving forward, I plan to apply these lessons not only in future academic endeavors but also in professional settings, recognizing the value of continuous learning and growth.

Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Audris, for this well crafted, frank and insightful reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Reflection - Formal Introductory Letter

Cruical Role of Communication Skills