Descriptive Reflection - Formal Introductory Letter

Subject: Self-Introduction

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Audris Lan, a first-year civil engineering student at SIT, currently enrolled in your Critical Thinking and Communicating module. I am writing to express my enthusiasm for this module and to introduce myself.

My passion for civil engineering stems from a profound interest in Singapore's transportation systems. Graduating with a diploma in Civil Engineering from Singapore Polytechnic intensified this interest. The comprehensive curriculum at the polytechnic ignited my passion for contributing to the development of transportation systems, motivating me to pursue further studies in civil engineering.

During my internship, I showcased a notable communication strength through proficiency in collaborative teamwork. Actively contributing to group projects, I ensured effective communication within the team, fostering an environment conducive to shared understanding and innovative problem-solving.

However, a significant communication challenge surfaced, particularly in handling pressure and stress. Confronted with spontaneous questions from superiors during my internship, I found it challenging to think and articulate my thoughts clearly. This weakness extended to my presentation skills, resulting in instances where stress-induced stuttering and forgetfulness impede the fluidity of my delivery.

In your module, I aim to tackle communication challenges by improving coherence under pressure, refining articulation for spontaneous questions, and enhancing presentation delivery. My focus is on navigating stress-induced scenarios effectively for a more composed and fluid communication style.

What makes me unique is the amalgamation of my academic foundation, practical experience, and a commitment to personal growth. The challenges I've encountered have ignited a fervent desire to refine my communication skills, making me resilient in my pursuit of becoming a proficient civil engineer.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to actively participating in your module to enhance my critical thinking and communication skills.

Best Regards,

Audris Lan

Comments

  1. Thank you for this letter, Audris. I'll comment more as soon as your buddies give feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audris! Very well written letter. I hope you can overcome your challenge in handling high pressure situation. If I may, one step towards overcoming that will be to breathe in those kind of situations. When you're breathing you're in control. It'll definitely calm your nerves. Breathe and relax, your mind will be much clearer. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Audris,

    Thank you for sharing this well developed and informative letter. You address the key components of the brief and provide substantial details. For instance, I really like how you describe your motivation for studying CVE by stating that the "polytechnic ignited my passion for contributing to the development of transportation systems." In short, you have an appreciation of your education and a sense of society goals. This also ties in with the stated personal growth you envision, which is bolstered by the comm skills you want to further develop.

    At the same time, I'm impressed by your comm skills strength, a collaborative nature. Kudos for that!

    There are just a couple hiccups in tthe use of caps that can be reflected upon in this letter:
    -- a diploma in Civil Engineering
    -- your Critical Thinking and Communicating module

    This is no way eclipses a fine introduction.

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Audris,

    Thank you for your thoughtful email !

    Your passion for civil engineering in the realm of Singapore's transportation systems is inspiring. Your commitment to further studies in this field is commendable.

    Your experience in collaborative teamwork during yourn internship showcases valuable communication strengths. It is promising to see your proactive approach to enchancing your communication skills.

    It is good that you acknowledged the challenges you have faced which is handling pressure and stress during spontaneous situations. Let's improve coherence under pressure, refine articulation for spontaneous questions and enhance your presentation delivery.

    Thank you for your time, Audris!

    Cheers,
    Nabil Khairi

    Than

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cruical Role of Communication Skills